The Big Picture – Lesson #2
Icebreaker: What are a couple of things you remember about your grandparents?
Text: 1 John 1:8-10, Luke 18:9-14, Luke 10:29-34
“To own your faith is a commitment to the responsibility of participating with God in discipleship.” ~ Pastor Phil
Discussion Questions (Remember you don’t have to answer/use each question during the discussion)
- What did you think of this weeks message?
- Pastor Phil talked about being honest with ourselves. Why is this a difficult practice or is this difficult?
- Why do you think the discipline of confession is important to owning one’s faith?
- What does it mean for you in particular to own your faith? Please elaborate.
- Read the “Scripture For The Road.” Now, what changes or confessions do you need to make for your faith to comply with this verse?
Final Thought: Idolatry is incompatible and destructive to the authentic worship of a disciple.
This Week’s Scripture For The Road
“He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?” ~ Micah 6:8